South Indian Motorbike Tour ( Tropical Ride on Spice Route ) - Info
If you are dreaming a ride, where you will negotiate the roads through tea plantation, a majestic road on the Arabic ocean’s costal ride on the sunny side of Kerala.
Kerala lies on a narrow strip of land to the west of South India (Nilgiri hills) wedged between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats mountains. It is geographically diverse and rich in colourful cultures, natural resources and wildlife. Periyar, India's largest sanctuary is one of many superb wilderness areas to be found within the state. Similarly Tamilnaude offers high hills, rich of its flora and fauna, Wayanad offers magnificent scenery and lakes. Kerala equally offers impressive 'Backwaters' –a network of brackish canals and lakes covering hundreds of square miles and it’s famous for its overnight house boats. Kerala’s close relationship with the sea often manifests itself at dinner, with fresh seafood high on the extensive list of Keralan delicacies.
For over 3000 years Kerala has been attracting visitors – although not until recently for motorcycle tours... Phoenicians, Arabs, Romans and Chinese have all been trading with this region of India for millennia and it was via the 'Malabar' coastline that oriental spices and technologies first travelled west from India and China but finally after French, Dutch, Portuguese, British (East India Company) colonized it and ruled Indian sub - continent for 300 Years.
Over the centuries, the value of Keralan trade has encouraged many explorers, traders and invaders. Vasco De Gama arrived here from Portugal in 1498, his sea voyage expedition for future colonialism (and Christianity) by the Dutch and British. The evidence of these immigrants remains on display in coastal cities such as Cochin, still a hub of spice, textile and hand craft export.
In general, the state's inhabitants appear very healthy, open and friendly. Perhaps this is due to their history of maritime commerce with foreign seafarers, or maybe it's just a result of living in such a beautiful place.
TOUR AT A GLANCE
|Region of Country||South India (Kerala & Tamilnadu)|
|Period||September - March|
|Duration||12 Days 11 Nights|
|Riding Days||10 Days|
|Accommodation||Hotels - Houseboats|
|Motorbike||Royal Enfield 'Bullet' 500cc|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
|Average Daily Distance||131kms|
Highlight of South India Tour
- Backwater excursion on super deluxe traditional Kerala house boat, Logging & Boarding (full board).
- Explore the vibrant bustling cities of south India
- Excursion in the national parks
- Gaze upon the pristine and picturesque Arabian sea
- Soak in the culture and serenity of captivating fort Cochin
- Kathakali theatre show (legend of Mahabharata)
- Breath-taking scenery of the Indian tropical region.
- Delicious south Indian cuisine with traditional spices.
- Rendezvous Elephant & Royal Enfield
- Destinations: Kochi, Alleppy, Munnar, Indira Gandhi national park, Silent Valley, Wayanad, Ooty, Kodaikanal, Periyar, Kochi.
Leave your comments